Monday, September 17, 2007

One of my favorites

We did alot of traveling when I was growing up, and often we'd end up at a state park, where we'd have a picnic and go for a hike, maybe find some tennis courts and hit the ball a bit. This picture was taken when I was nine years old, in 1978, at Rock Cut State Park in Rockford, IL. Dad would have been 47 at the time. I had just fell into the lake while trying to grab a rock to skip. Dad, of course at my side, grabbed me before I got too wet, and so I rolled my pants up, I think in some effort for them to dry and not get wetter in case of another slip. I can recall the beautiful day, the feeling of adventure as we explored the park, and Mom's constant picture taking. I thought Dad to be the coolest cat ever, which I think shows in this picture. We were buds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures.. You've had a great Dad..